Monday, January 27, 2014

I promised pics...

...and here they are! My first saddle, one made under the watchful eye of master saddle maker Dale Moore, was on a 15 1/2 inch Association tree. It features a 3/4 padded seat, Cheyenne roll, and an arrow-basket stamp design throughout the saddle. "Lambert" (named for the customer who ordered it) took just over a week and a half to build. I am definitely excited to be a saddle-maker!
Me and "Lambert"
"Cliff" and "Lambert"


I also helped build a Wade tree saddle that is waiting in Dale's saddle shop for someone to buy it. It has a rough-out seat with a beautiful padded inlay!

Anyhow, I'd better hit the hay so I can get back to work bright and early in the morning. I'm already working on my next saddle, so expect new pics sometime soon.

Adios and happy trails...

David

Hebrews 12:2


No comments:

Post a Comment